Skip to main content

Backjoy maybe the cheapest and most portable way to alleviate lower back pain

If you're one of the millions who has become part of the epidemic of back pain, you may have tried a variety of approaches to deal with it. There are several chairs on the market ranging from the cheaper versions like the exercise ball chair, the kneeling chair to the more exotic zero gravity chair.

But if you're just starting out on your quest to find an arrangement to reduce the risk of back pain, you may want to try out a much cheaper and portable version like Backjoy first.

I have used all the chairs mentioned above. I still have the kneeling chair and an old used zero gravity chair. And I did have varying amount of success with all of these when I was in an office job.

I came across Backjoy after I had to quit my job due to fibromyalgia. So I cannot attest to its efficacy while sitting for 8+ hours in a desk job. But I have certainly benefited immensely by using it in the car and also while sitting cross legged on the floor during meditation sessions which for me can last up to an hour.



I was recently answering a query about which chairs one should buy and I thought I would post a review of the Backjoy now that I have been using it for  over one year.

In the video review, I forgot to mention that one should sit on the Backjoy so that the waistline is just above where the Backjoy ends. This will ensure that your pelvis "floats" and that your in the right anatomical position.

The science behind Backjoy is described more in this infomercial. I'm not an expert so I cannot vouch for the authenticity of this but it certainly looks to be accurate in my experience.

Feel free to share your experience with Backjoy . Also keep in mind  that regardless of what  arrangement you use, it is important to not be in the same position for a long time.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this review. I have back pain, and am always on the look-out for helpful items :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Use Cavilon to avoid skin damage if you use kinesiology tape regularly

I have found kinesiology tapes to be very useful in managing chronic pain due to fibromyalgia. It has been very useful to me in also managing the pain due to shoulder tendinitis. In fact, kinesiology taping was the only way that I could brush with my right arm when affected with shoulder tendinitis. However, applying tapes repeatedly over the course of several weeks starts damaging the skin and it becomes difficult to remove the tapes also. This is especially true for regions where the skin is a relatively softer like the anterior neck and  area near to armpits. Cavilon has been very helpful to me by making it easier to remove the kinesiology tape thereby reducing the chance of the skin getting damaged. Using Cavilon is straightforward. Just before applying the kinesiology tape, you just spray it over the area on which the tape is to be applied. It is relatively costly but if you have to use the kinesiology tape over a long period, there does not seem to be any other

How US Tax Reform Affects Patients with Chronic Illness

It was messy, but it is finally done and over with! On December 22, 2017 the tax reform bill , or 'a giant tax cut ' as President Trump calls it, has finally been passed by both houses and has been signed into a law. It is not immediately obvious how the tax plan impacts patients with chronic illnesses. Views in the media are often tainted by the political prism through which the commentators tend to look at this issue. Plus there is limited discussion of the specific provisions that can affect patients with chronic illnesses. In this post, I am outlining some of the major provisions of the final bill that may affect chronically ill patients. Bear in mind that I am not a professional in accounting and taxation . However, I seem to have had more than my fair share of tax problems and as a result, I have become overfamiliar with the IRS website and publications. Article continues after the ad To make it easier to wrap our brains around this complex piece

Reduce finger, wrist and forearm pain due to computer mouse usage with Gentle Mouse

If you are reading this on a computer screen, chances are that you would have clicked your mouse at least a couple of times to navigate through this content. And in most cases, the finger used to click would be your index finger. Now imagine doing this repetitive movement every few minutes, day after day, year after year and you can easily infer that your fingers are at an increased risk of repetitive stress injury (or RSI) due to mouse overuse. The common name given to this painful condition is  Mouse Finger .  The 'Finger' in Mouse Finger usually leads a person to believe that the pain is restricted to the fingers alone.  However, from what I have surmised after reviewing anecdotal evidence and medical literature, it commonly presents as a cluster of symptoms in the finger, wrist and the forearm. Perhaps that explains why there are no easily available research studies pertaining to Mouse Finger alone. Most of the research studies consider these symptoms as a part of